Political: Reality bites Republicans. This is how you have to change to win.
1) Religion doesn't matter. The U.S. is full of people with no God. If you come across as Jesus Bible loving people, you turn off 10% of voters.
2) Hispanics are 10% of the voting public and growing. It doesn't matter if most are Catholic. Many either came to the U.S. with illegal parents or are here working illegally and registered to vote. If you don't accept them as Americans, you will continue to lose.
3) Being rich is ok, but being filthy rich is not. If voters can't relate to you as being one of them and how you went from rags to riches, forget it.
4) People want to be taken care of. Didn't you learn anything from Jesus? "I know my sheep and they know me."
1 million a MONTH going on social security the next 5 years.
Many are Republicans.
5) People want what they want. Raise taxes on the rich so people can get what they want.
6) Stop fighting wars for other countries and spending money on wars.
Most Americans don't care about countries like Afghanistan ,Iran, Iraq, and Syria.
by the voice of reason November 7, 2012 11:11 AM
Require a license to vote that has to be renewed every four years.
People are inherently stupid. We are too new out of the primal ooze to expect any of our traits to be civilized ones.
Given a chance we degenerate in to cave dwellers with very very little thought.
Some people still live in caves [really]
Some people still will not work [it is truly still a foreign concept in some island nations]
Some people will take instead of give if given even the slightest chance. See? they took the chance to decide to take.
We have 525 people in charge of the federal governmental laws and society.
We do not need more of them, we need less.
Sometimes a dictator takes a miserable bunch and shakes them in to a cohesive group.
by turdly November 7, 2012 11:24 AM
He is right in the respect that there is no difference in "the Lord will provide" and "The Gevernment will provide"
by Power Pig November 7, 2012 11:32 AM
If you can't win the two states you are from, something is wrong with your strategy. Those 21 electoral votes from Wisconsin and Massachusetts were significant.
by the voice of reason November 7, 2012 11:54 AM
VOR .... good point ... if you can't win you own states you just don't deserve to win .... period.
by PA-MA Lender November 7, 2012 12:11 PM
If I was born in the District of Columbia and ran as a Republican, I wouldn't expect to carry D.C.
Massachussetts thinks Elizabeth Warren is qualified to be a U.S. Senator, so it's tough to think you'd get the people from that state....
by MichiganTed November 7, 2012 12:48 PM
God bless us---every one. If EVER it was needed, its now that the anti Christ has been re-upped by the 50% of the population that should never again be allowed to breed.
by Cedonulli2 November 7, 2012 12:50 PM
Buyside, if it is all about winning, you have to do the things I outlined to win.
by the voice of reason November 7, 2012 2:01 PM